Publications.USA.gov links to websites that provide useful, timely, citizen-centered government information and publications consistent with our linking policy.
Links to Government Websites
Publications.USA.gov links to publicly available websites that are government-owned or government sponsored, unless directed not to by the agency that owns the site. Acceptable federal government-owned or government-sponsored website domains include .gov, .mil and .fed.us.
Publications.USA.gov also links to: quasi-government agencies and websites created by public sector/private sector partnerships; state and local government sites (e.g., www.maryland.gov); and some government-sponsored websites that end in .com, .org, or .net (e.g., www.usps.com for the U.S. Postal Service and www.ncfy.com/clear.htm for the National Clearinghouses and Resource Centers on Families and Youth).
Links to Non-Government Websites
Publications.USA.gov also links to websites that are not government-owned or government-sponsored if these websites provide government information and/or publications in a way that is not available on an official government website. Publications.USA.gov provides these non-government websites as a public service only.
The U.S. government, including the U.S. General Services Administration (the primary sponsoring federal agency of Publications.USA.gov), neither endorses nor guarantees in any way the external organizations, services, advice, or products included in these website links. Furthermore, the U.S. government neither controls nor guarantees the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of the information contained in non-government website links. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement for more information on this topic.)
Though any site is welcome to link to Publications.USA.gov, Publications.USA.gov does not engage in reciprocal linking. Publications.USA.gov is a public domain website. There is no cost or special permission required to link to the site.
Publications.USA.gov will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias, discrimination, specific religious views, or social agendas. Furthermore, Publications.USA.gov reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with Publications.USA.gov's mission or policies.
The information posted on the Publications.USA.gov website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. Publications.USA.gov provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. When users select a link to an external website, they are leaving the Publications.USA.gov site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external website.
- The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) and Publications.USA.gov do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- The GSA and USA.gov do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and do not endorse the views expressed or products offered therein.
- The GSA and USA.gov cannot authorize the use of copyrighted, trademarked, and servicemarked materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- The GSA and USA.gov are not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- The GSA and USA.gov do not guarantee that external websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
Privacy and Security
Check the Publications.USA.gov Privacy and Security Notice for more information about Publications.USA.gov Privacy and Security policies.