Home  |  Help  |  FAQs

0

I Am a U.S. Citizen: How Do I Help My Relative Become a Permanent Resident?

Image of Publication Cover As a citizen of the United States, you may help a relative become a lawful permanent resident of the United States by obtaining what is often referred to as a "green card." To do so, you need to sponsor your relative and be able to prove that you have enough income or assets to support your relative(s) when they come to the United States. Learn more about the process.

Source: U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Released: 2008
Pages: 3
Publication ID: 778
Item number: 778

PDF Icon Download this publication
for FREE (PDF format)

Related Publications
Image of Publication Cover I Am a U.S. Citizen: How Do I Help My Fiance(é) Become a Permanent Resident?
More Information...
USA.gov  |  About Us  |  Privacy  |  Website Policies  |  Contact Us
Footer graphic